Can we recall a day without stress? Remember a morning full of joy simply because it was a new day? Rarely we do so. Rather we usually start our day worrying about a number of things. Will I be late for work? Will my child perform well in school? Will I have enough money to pay my bills? Will my mortgage be paid this month? Apparently, they are ‘realistic’ questions, yet they fill up our every waking moment with worries. If we look further into these worries, we will see the following are real reasons that first drown us into our worries, and then into chronic stress:
- Consumerism: This is an attitude of life that makes us believe the only way to be happy in life is to consume more. But, as we know, a product or commodity can only give us comfort for the time being. It cannot bring peace of mind that lasts long.
- Consumer loan: Using credit cards and other bank loans to purchase items more gradually make us slaves of the people who control the capital. It puts us into a cycle of borrowing more, spending more, and then losing peace of mind.
- Media and virtual world: We think enjoying TV, using smartphones and social media, etc. would help us relieve tension, but they make our lives even more stressful.
- Negative thoughts: Continuously thinking about what can go wrong in the future leaves us panicked and restless.
Chronic stress wears us down mentally and emotionally. More importantly, it is the root cause of several diseases such as heart disease, stomach ulcers, diabetes, muscle pains, miscarriages, etc.
In order to reduce our stress level and fill our time with joy, we can practice Quantum meditation regularly. Because Quantum meditation –
- Makes us more aware of inner power, helps us utilize our brain more effectively and gives us strength to accept any challenge that may come our way.
- Cleanses our mind from all negative thoughts, greed, resentment, etc.
Let us practice Quantum meditation at least 30 minutes a day and stay close with people that give us peace of mind.